Joe and I are in the process of moving, which means we haven’t been buying many groceries, and have been working out of our freezer for the last week or so. When I was trying to figure out dinner the other night, I found this beautiful pork tenderloin that I forgot I froze a couple of months ago, and since the weather is finally nice, I figured I’d fire up the grill and cook it. With a few limes, a jalapeño, and a squirt of honey, I whipped up a quick marinade and that baby charred. Man, oh man, was it good and flavorful!
Now, I have a confession to make. This is pretty embarrassing to admit for a food blogger, but it bodes well for my followers…. I wasn’t planning to blog this — I was thinking it would be a usual weeknight meal, so I didn’t really spend that much time taking pictures of the pork. I actually focused on the side dish, my Mexican street corn, a bit more. It was just so good that I had to share, so please excuse me for not having super artsy photos. Just trust me when I say this was absolutely delicious and it came out beautifully!
Drink with: Grownup Limeade or a lighter bodied Grenache.
Eat with: Elotes and cilantro lime rice
Zesty Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 1 Pork Tenderloin
- 3 limes, juiced, 1 zested
- 3 T Honey
- 1 T EVOO (I used a green chili infused oil)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 t Chili Powder (I used chipotle, but any will do)
- 1/2 t Pepper
- 1 t Salt
- Step 1 Prep your tenderloin by cutting off fatty bits and any silver skin. It’s tough and gross, and you don’t want it.
- Step 2 Place pork in a gallon-sized baggie.
- Step 3 Whisk the remaining ingredients together and add to bag with pork.
- Step 4 Let marinate for at least 3 hours, and up to 24.
- Step 5 Clean and preheat grill to high heat.
- Step 6 Place pork top side down on grill and shut lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 7 Baste with remaining marinade.
- Step 8 Flip and cook until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145.
- Step 9 Take off grill and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.