We have finally gotten settled in D.C. and boy is it HOT! When the weather starts to warm up, I have a strong urge to grill outside, and I can’t do that without a fun summer cocktail. Well, I can, but I just choose not to. My standard is usually a gin and tonic with extra lime. But my standards have been elevated.
This recipe was inspired by a life-changing gin and tonic I had in London a couple of months ago at some posh cocktail bar… Seriously there was a whole menu dedicated entirely to various gin and tonics! The one I ordered was slightly fruity, fizzy, and absolutely massive. Full of berries, it wasn’t your ordinary gin and tonic, but who wants to settle for the usual when you can take it up a couple of notches…. I certainly don’t!
This recipe will make 2 smallish cocktails, or one large one. Be sure to taste as you go, and adjust the lime and gin to your tastes. Just remember, the better the gin, the better the cocktail — and this is even truer for the tonic! I prefer fever tree if I’m feeling extra fancy.
Enjoy, and drink responsibly!
Berry Gin and Tonic
Fruity, floral, and absolutely divine.
- 2T Lime Juice
- 8 Raspberries
- 1 Oz. Simple Syrup
- 3 Oz. Gin (or more to taste)
- 1 Can Tonic
- Step 1 Fill 2 glasses with ice
- Step 2 In a cocktail shaker, muddle the raspberries, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Step 3 Add gin and a few ice cubes and shake.
- Step 4 Pour over glasses, and top with tonic.
- Step 5 Garnish with extra berries and lime wedges if desired.