Okay, so fall is my absolute favorite time of the year There’s something about the crisp nights, the smell of spices and fire, and the overall autumnal aesthetic that turns me into a homebody. All I want to do is break out my boots, scarves, pumpkins and the Harry Potter movies…..but sadly, it is still 80°. It’s funny how the first falling leaf turns us into crazed, weather-confused people isn’t it? Anyways, I have a remedy for this! Bourbon-Apple smashes!
Crisp apple cider paired with a Kentucky Bourbon is sure to warm your spirits while keeping you cool.This drink captures that autumn flavor while still being refreshing. Top it with a splash of ginger-ale (or ginger beer) and throw on an apple slice, a cinnamon stick, a star anise pod, or whatever floats your boat, and you’ll be ready to Hocus Pocus across town!
A crisp and cool cocktail to get you through those WARM autumn nights
- 4 oz Borbon
- 4 oz fresh apple cider
- 2 oz ginger ale or beer
- A dash of bitters (angostura or orange)
- Cinnamon Sugar for rim
- Apple slices
- Step 1 Rim two lowball glasses (or copper mugs) with cinnamon and sugar, and fill with ice.
- Step 2 Combine ice, bourbon, cider, and bitters in the shaker.
- Step 3 Shake until cold and combined
- Step 4 Pour over ice into mugs, and top with ginger-ale.